THE ENGLISH VILLAGE 6 - STUDENT'S BOOK
out of 138
Post on 19-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONEncuentra este y otros contenidos en http://edumat21.blogspot.com/2014/07/textos-escolares-english-village.html
- INGLS6bsicoSTUDENTSBOOK STUDENTS BOOK Ana Manonellas Balladares INGLS The English Village 6bsico EDICIN ESPECIAL PARA EL MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIN. PROHIBIDA SU COMERCIALIZACIN EDICIN ESPECIAL PARA EL MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIN. PROHIBIDA SU COMERCIALIZACIN 9 789563 390582
- Nombre: Curso: Colegio: Este libro pertenece a: Te lo ha hecho llegar gratuitamente el Ministerio de Educacin a travs del establecimiento educacional en el que estudias. Es para tu uso personal tanto en tu colegio como en tu casa; cudalo para que te sirva durante todo el ao. Si te cambias de colegio lo debes llevar contigo y al finalizar el ao, guardarlo en tu casa.
- 2014 Ediciones Cal y Canto Reimpresin The English Village 6 bsico N de Inscripcin: 223.591 ISBN: 978 956 339 058 2 Original text Ana Manonellas Balladares Teacher of English, Universidad de Santiago. Postgraduate Diploma of Education Monash University - Melbourne Australia. Methodological support Mara Teresa Seplveda Leiva MA in Professional Development for Language Education Leeds Metropolitan University, UK. Original illustrations Ediciones Cal y Canto Ltda. Design Ediciones Cal y Canto Ltda. General Manager Jorge Muoz Rau Editor Ariel Acosta Arancibia Assistants Editors Lina Alvarado Jantus Gloria Caro Opazo Designed by Mara Jess Moreno Guldman Layout by Catalina Ziga Villagra Proofreading James Doo Illustrations Csar Letelier Santana General Production Cecilia Muoz Rau Production Assistant Lorena Briceo Gonzlez Recording Producer Rodrigo Gonzlez Daz Recording Engineer Ignacio Arriagada Maia Photos Banco de Fotos Ediciones Cal y Canto 2013 Ediciones Cal y Canto The English Village 6 bsico N de Inscripcin: 223.591 ISBN: 978 956 339 058 2 Original text Ana Manonellas Balladares Teacher of English, Universidad de Santiago. Postgraduate Diploma of Education Monash University - Melbourne Australia. Methodological support Mara Teresa Seplveda Leiva MA in Professional Development for Language Education Leeds Metropolitan University, UK. All rights reserved; no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher. Impreso RR Donnelley Chile Se termin de imprimir 200.000 ejemplares en el mes de enero de 2014.
- TEXTO DEL ESTUDIANTE INGLS bsico AnaManonellasBalladares TeacherofEnglish UniversidaddeSantiago. PostgraduateDiplomaofEducation MonashUniversity-MelbourneAustralia.
- 4 four DISCOVER YOUR BOOK Listening lesson with activities to help you to understand a spoken text and learn English. 18 eighteen I MISS YOU Lesson2 Grandson Grandma Grandpa Dad office Mum IN ThIS LESSON YOU WILL: listen and show comprehension of a telephone conversation. read and show comprehension of sentences showing appreciation. reproduce a telephone conversation orally. complete sentences with language structures, supported by pictures. Before listening 1 What member of your family would you like to phone? Answer this question and tick (3) your choices. ____ My dad ____ My mum ____ My grandparents (grandpa and granny) ____ My sister ____ My brother 2 Look at the picture. Match the people (a d) with their likes (i iv). a.Dad i. books b.Grandma and ii. his work her grandson c. Grandpa iii. homework d.The girl iv. the library 3 Susan is phoning home, in England. Predict who is going to answer the phone. a.Her brother. b.Her father. c. Her mother. d.Her sister. Short activities to activate previous knowledge and to deal with the starting point for the activities that will follow.12 twelve What do you know? PEOPLE AT ThE vILLAGE Lesson1 1 Complete this dialogue. 2 Write a sentence about something you like. Example: I like fruit. 3 What numbers are these? Three = ____________ Eight = ____________ Sixteen = ____________ Twenty = ____________ Twelve = ____________ Five = ____________ I MISS YOU Lesson2 1 Make sentences with like, using the picture. a.I like b. c. 2 Correct the mistake in each sentence. a.I is at school. b.We am happy. c. It are a toy. d.He arent happy. e.They isnt cats. _______, Peter. How are you? ______________! ______________, thanks. And you? Unit1 Reading lessons with activities to help you to understand a written text and learn English.14 fourteen Before reading 1 Answer these questions in your group. a.Do you participate in any activities in English? b.Do you speak English outside the classroom? c. Can you introduce yourself in English? 2 Look at the illustration and find the following: Activities Carolina Students The English Village Tutors 3 Have a quick look at the text on Page 15, and underline the cognates. Can you guess what the text is about? Compare ideas with your partner. a.Its about an English magazine. b.Its about the English Village. c. Its about a place to practise sports. PEOPLE AT ThE vILLAGE IN ThIS LESSON YOU WILL: extract specic information from an informative text. listen to an interview exchanging personal information. repeat numbers and reproduce an interview. complete a written text with personal information. Lesson1 vegetables sheep singing swimming pool 36 thirty-six FINAL TESTFINAL TEST Listening 1 18 Listen and choose the correct answer. (4 marks) a. Where is Nancy from? i. Asia. ii. Australia. iii. America. b. How many brothers and sisters does she have? i. One brother and two sisters. ii. Three brothers and two sisters. iii.Two brothers and one sister. c. What is her fathers occupation? i. Hes a taxi driver. ii. Hes a teacher. iii.Hes a school bus driver. d. Whats her mothers occupation? i. Shes a dancer. ii. Shes a shop assistant. iii.Shes a housewife. Reading 2 19 Read the postcard, and then organise the information in the chart. (7.5 marks, 0.5 each) Dear Ed, Im sitting on the beach, eating an ice-cream. Alicia and Gabriel are swimming in the sea and Toms in the park. Hes playing with a friend. Pedros listening to the radio and reading.Were having a fantastic holiday. Dichatos a little shing village and its very quiet. Everybody heres very happy.We are very happy, too! This is our second holiday this year and were doing just what we want to do: sleeping, eating, and playing games.The food is lovely, too. Hope you can come here soon. Love, Gina Activities Places Feelings Food holiday 3 Read the sentences and write true (T) or false (F). Correct the false sentences. (6 marks; 2 each false sentence, 1 each true sentence) a.__________ Gina is in Iquique. . b.__________ Toms playing with a friend. . c. __________ Ginas listening to the radio. . d.__________ Alicia and Gabriel are swimming in the sea. . Language 4 Put the words in order to make a correct question. (3 marks, 1 each) a.that ? tall Who boy is A: B: Hes my brother. b.Joes How is father old? A: B: Hes 44. c. the Who those are in people ? living room A: B: They are my friends from Argentina. 37thirty-seven Unit1 Writing 5 Write a paragraph about two members of your family. Include name, age, physical characteristics, occupation, possessions and likes. (4 marks) vocabulary 6 Match each adjective with its opposite. (3.5 marks; 0.5 each) 1. young thin 2. short (hair) old 3. short (person) hot 4. fat black 5. cold new 6. blonde (hair) tall 7. old (thing) long Total score: 28 marks Speaking Talk about your family with your partner. Take turns to ask and answer 2 different questions about your family. Work out your score and read about your result 0 to 15 correct answers HELP! You have not understood an important part of the contents. Study, get some help from a partner or your teacher, revise the unit, and then do the exercises again. 16 to 23 correct answers FAIR You have been able to understand an important part of the contents; however, there are still some you need to consolidate. Correct the wrong answers. You can ask for help if you want. Revise the contents. You can do much better! 24 to 28 correct answers EXCELLENT You have learnt all or almost all the contents in the unit. Very good! Keep up the good work! At the end of every unit, there is a formal test that includes the contents of the whole unit, assessing reading and listening comprehension, as well as oral and writing production.The teacher will correct the test, but it also includes a rubric that will allow you to know, in detail, what you have done well and what you need to improve. The English Village.This is a big picture to introduce the place where lots of things will happen The English Village and the characters that will help you to learn English: the English tutors Susan andTony, and the Chilean students Carolina, Gonzalo, Macarena, and Pablo. 8 eight swimming pool picnic area football field gym 9nine THE ENGLISH VILLAGE THE ENGLISH VILLAGE W ELCOME TO cafeteria recreational facilities cabins fruit and vegetable garden animal farm At the beginning of each unit, a big picture will show you the characters, the places, and the situations you will find in it.You can read the objectives of the unit, and also answer some questions about the topic and the learning objectives of the unit. 10 ten PEOPLE AROUND US LEARNING OBJECTIvES Reading You will use dierent strategies to read and understand amagazinearticle. ane-mail. Listening Youwillusedierentstrategiestolisten andunderstand atelephoneconversation. asoapopera. Oral Expression Youwill: talkaboutlikesandpreferences. describepersonalcharacteristics. expressfeelings. reproducechantsandtonguetwisters. Written expression Youwill: completeaparagraphandsentences expressingfeelings. writesentencesexpressinglikesand preferences. writeaboutyourpossessions. writequestionswithWho. Unit1 11eleven LETS GET READY! 1.Inyouropinion,whatsthe importanceoffamilyandfriends? 2.Weallhaveindividualdierences. Shouldwerespectthat? Why?/Whynot? 3.WouldyouliketoliveinanEnglish Villageforsometime? Why?/Whynot? 4.Lookatthepictures.Canyouname thefamilymembers?Writethe namesintheboxes. grandfather
- 5five ICONS AND SECTIONS Listening lesson Reading lesson Games to help you to practise and share with your friends. Small pictures representing important words that you have to find and stick next to the corresponding word in the glossary. Synthesis: at the end of two lessons, this section will help you to reflect on what you have done, and the abilities you have developed, identifying the activities that contributed in this process. Check your progress: this is a formal test to evaluate how you are doing. Your results will tell you what you need to improve and what you have done well. Glossary: your personal word list made with picture cut-outs that you have to find and stick next to the corresponding word. Verbs: important verbs from the lessons are listed here. Cut - outsCut - outs Unit 1, page 23 Unit 1, page 33 = Unit 2, page 51 Unit 2, page 61 133one hundred and thirty-three LANGUAGE FORM Analysis and discovery of a key grammatical item. Self EvaluationSelf Evaluation Statements to help you to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses and measure your learning. There are three different levels: Yes: Your performance was very good. Mm: Your performance was OK, but it can be better. No: You need to review the contents. P R O E C TJ Collaborative work to help you to put into practice the language you have learnt. Activities for fast learners or keener students. All the material for the listening tasks. 1 32 thirty-two SynthesisSynthesis Read this learning synthesis. Write the exercise number and the page of the activities you did in Lessons 3 and 4: Listening skills Exercise Page Make and check predictions. Find specific information. Identify speakers. Relate oral and written texts. Reading skills Make and check predictions. Find specific information in a text. Identify correct information. Writing skills Complete paragraphs. Complete sentences. Write a paragraph. Oral production Listen and repeat a conversation. Listen and repeat expressions. Sing a song. Language and vocabulary Ask questions with Who. Express possession. Describe people. Values Characteristics of good friends. ChECk YOUR PROGRESS ChECk YOUR PROGRESS Lessons 3 & 4 Language 1 Match the opposites. (5 marks) similar blonde old thin fat young black tall short different Writing 2 Describe these people. (2 marks) She has _______________________ and _______________________. He has _______________________ and _______________________. Reading 3 16 Read the text and answer Yes or No. (2 marks) Therearesixpeopleinmyfamily.Myfathers ashopassistant.Hes38yearsold.My mothers37andshesverytall.Ihavetwo brothersandonesister.Mybrothersare SimonandCharles.Mylittlesistersnames Roxanne.Shesverysweet.Shelikesplaying withherdollsallday!Herhairsblackandher eyesaregreen.Shesveryhappy! 33thirty-three Unit1 GlossaryGlossary SpanishEnglish divertido / afun PASTE PICTURE HERE hair pelo PASTE PICTURE here simptico / anice PASTE PICTURE here YES NO a.There are six people in my family. ___ ___ b.My mother is very short. ___ ___ c. My sister isnt very happy. ___ ___ d.My sisters hair is red. ___ ___ Listening 4 17 Listen to the conversation about the soap opera again, and write the missing expressions. (4 marks) Tom: I have two tickets for the latest comedy with Corbin Bleu and Ashley Tisdale. Judy: _____________________. Tom: __________________. Judy: A new soap opera. Its about three friends. Tom: __________________. Tom: Do you want to go, Judy? Judy: _________________. Speaking 5 Sing the song The More We Get Together to your classmates. help! Not too bad Great 0 - 2: Oh! Oh! Oh! 3 - 6: Fair 7 - 9: Good 10 - 13: Excellent TOTAL: Check with your teacher and find your score: verbsverbs Infinitive have enjoy Past had enjoyed Spanish tener disfrutar mismo / asame PASTE PICTURE here Go to page 133 34 thirty-four 1 Find these words in the Word Search puzzle. big blonde fat fun nice old short tall thin young D G T E M F O G R L C R A F C N O I O T O V X U N T A L L H B O X D V U T G S Y N U F N S H B H E D N O L B I P M I G J D Q G N 2 Follow the clues and complete all the steps of the ladder from start to finish. CLUE a. CLUE b. CLUE d. CLUE c. 13 CLUE e. 12 FINISH a. I ________ from __________. b. They _________ from _________. c. He __________ __________. d. They _________ from _________. e. She __________ __________. START FUN, FUN, FUN FUN, FUN, FUN 35thirty-five Unit1Unit1 3 Unscramble the words to find what the pictures show. 4 Possessions. Circle the tick or the cross and write sentences about what you have / dont have (pets,TV, sister, grandparents, football, brother). B B A Y R B R H T O E ________ _________________ R T T O U _________________________ W O T S F D R N I...
View more >
Instrucciones. Código alumnos - teacherabril | English corner ?· ENGLISH FILE English File Elementary…
?· Dibujo Técnico l. Ediciones Sandoval. ... Student's book "Living English" 10 de Bachillerato. ...…
LIBROS DE TEXTO CURSO 2015-16 - IES Los DE TEXTO CURSO 2015-16. · -BILINGÜE: “English Plus” Student's…